DOG BITE KING LAW GROUP
ARE YOU THE VICTIM OF A DOG BITE?
HAVE YOU BEEN BITTEN BY A DOG?
YOU’VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE.
Dogs Bite…We Bite Back!
About The King
Mace J. Yampolsky is a seasoned veteran attorney located in Las Vegas, Nevada. A celebrated litigator, Mace has won hundreds of cases, including one in front of the U.S. Supreme Court! Now Mace can help you with your dog bite case!
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Dog Bite Lawyer?
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!
If you choose to work with us, you don’t have to pay any fee upfront. We don’t get paid until you get paid, We don’t get paid unless we win. We’re ready to commit our resources and finances to your case. We make sure that you see the right Drs and get the treatment you need, right away. We will fight tooth and nail, to win your case. We make sure that you get every dollar that you deserve. We never take more money than you receive.
How Long Do You Have to File a Dog Bite Claim in Las Vegas?
According to Nevada law, a victim of a dog bite, has two years from the date of the injury to file a dog bite lawsuit against the at-fault party. If not it will be too late.
Your case will be forever barred if you do not file suit prior to the 2-year deadline. Contact our experienced dog bite attorneys immediately after the injury occurs. We will begin to investigate your case immediately in order to preserve evidence and ensure that you get the best medical care you need and all of the compensation you deserve. We get our clients max cash fast.
Contact the Dog Bite King of Las Vegas
Don't Delay, contact us today!
Expert Las Vegas Dog Bite Lawyer
Dog bites can result in excruciating pains and cause severe injuries that may take weeks or even months to heal plus huge medical bills. If you’re not responsible for your own injuries, then the resultant damages shouldn’t be your burden.
If you or your family member has been injured by a vicious dog in Las Vegas, get in touch immediately with our experienced dog bite injury lawyer to help you pursue financial recovery to cover your medical bills, lost wages and other damages directly related to the injuries.
Alarming Rates Of Dog Attacks In Las Vegas
Dog bites can be extremely dangerous and cause the victim to suffer severe injuries, including infectious diseases that may require long-term treatment and costly medical care. While every dog is potentially harmful, certain breeds are more dangerous and associated with higher morbidity rates.
Unfortunately, dog bites are a common occurrence in the United States with Las Vegas as one of the cities with the highest number of dog attacks. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are 4.7 million dog bites each year. Of these numbers, around 800,000 dog bites require medical care while 50 percent of all dog bites involve children under the age of 12.
If you or your loved one has been bitten by a dog in Las Vegas, you may have grounds to pursue a claim against the dog owner. There may be insurance coverage available
However, dog bite cases in Las Vegas are not always straightforward, and you can expect the responsible party to try every possible means of minimizing your rewards. This is why you need the help of an experienced dog attack injury attorney who will be able to guide you through the process and ensure that you get the compensation that you need and deserve.
Our experienced and expert dog attack lawyer can help you pursue the financial recovery that you deserve whether the dog owner is a neighbor, friend or a stranger. We have more than 30 years of experience serving residents of Las Vegas and its surrounding areas. Our dedicated team of dog bite personal injury lawyers will take on the at-fault party and make sure they pay you the compensation that covers your medical bills, lost wages and other damages related to your case.
What Can You Do If You’re Injured By A Dog?
The moment after dog bites can leave you scared, confused and unsure of what to do next. But your actions following the attack can either make or mar your chances of recovering the compensation that you need for your medical treatment and cover other financial costs related to the dog attack.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous dog, we advise that you take the following steps:
- Call animal control : The first step you want to take after a dog attack is call las vegas animal control to report the incident. Their duties include placing the vicious dog in quarantine to make sure it’s not rabid or diseased.The officer will create an official record of your dog attack. This record can be useful if later you decide to file a dog bite lawsuit against the dog owner..
- Gather information about the dog owner: Dog owners are responsible for the actions of their pets. Once the incident has been reported to the appropriate quarters, the next thing you want to do is gather relevant information about the dog owner, including their full name, address, phone number and insurance information.The location is also important..
- You should also exchange contact with witnesses at the scene of the dog bites. These people can be approached later if you need their assistance to provide testimony as proof to substantiate your claims.
- Take photographs: Evidence is crucial to winning dog bite cases in Las Vegas. Therefore, you should try and gather as much evidence as you can to have the upper hand in your case. You can take pictures and do video recording of your injuries, the dog, and the scene of your attack. The photo evidence should focus on the cuts, bruises, bite marks and scrapes on your body. You may have permanent scars that will require plastic surgery
- Seek medical attention: Certain breeds of dogs do more damage than others when they bite. That said, you shouldn’t trivialize the injuries or try to manage the wound through self -medication. No matter how insignificant the dog bite might seem, make sure that you visit a doctor who will be able to decide the severity of your injury. The risk of infection from dogs is high, and medical professionals can apply the right treatment to prevent complications.
- Count all your losses: Dog bites can have both serious health impact and huge financial implications on you. From noneconomic losses such as pain, suffering and anxiety to financial damages such as medical bills and lost wages, the losses canmount in hurry. That said, you need to prepare the comprehensive details of your experience, including your losses to establish that you’re entitled to compensation beyond medical expenses.
- Call a Las Vegas dog bite attorney: Dog bites can leave the victim with permanent disability and reduce their earning potential. Also, costs of medical treatments are high, especially if the dog in question is rabid or diseased. Thus, it’s extremely important that you choose the right dog bite injuries lawyer to protect your rights.
- An experienced personal injury lawyer, who specializes in dog attack law can help you pursue the financial recovery that you need to cover your medical expenses and other damages.
We pride ourselves as the best dog bite law firm with a proven track record of successful litigations and out-of-court settlements. We have helped many clients to recover the highest compensation. We will be excited to learn about your case, and advise you about your rights and options according to Nevada Law.
Can A Dog Owner Be Held Liable In A Bite?
According to Las Vegas law, a dog owner has a responsibility to ensure that their dog doesn’t constitute a physical threat to humans and other animals. If a dog bite leads to serious injuries, the owner can be held liable for any resultant damages. However, you must be able to prove that the owner was negligent in order for your case to be successful.
You must be able to prove that:
- The dog owner failed to put in place reasonable measures to restrain their dog from biting
- The injury was caused by lack of care on the part of the owner
- The injuries caused by the dog bites led to your damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages and pains
In Las Vegas, it’s not important whether the dog owner is aware of the dangerous propensity of their dog or not before you can seek financial recovery. That said, you can hold the owner responsible for your injuries even if they had no idea of their dog’s tendency to become aggressive and constitute a menace to the neighborhood.
What Does Las Vegas Law Say About Dog Bite Cases?
Unlike most states in the U.S., Nevada doesn’t have a state-wide legal statute that centrally defines when a dog owner can be held liable for the damage their dogs cause. Each county has its ordinance for settling contentions in dog bite lawsuits.
According to the city of Las Vegas ordinance, a “dangerous animal” is any animal that has been declared to be dangerous pursuant to Section 7.16.010. which states “An animal may be declared dangerous by the Animal Regulation Officer if it constitutes a physical threat to human beings or to other animals and, on two separate occasions within eighteen months has behaved menacingly to a degree that would lead a reasonable person to defend himself against substantial bodily harm; or if it bites a person, but without causing a substantial bodily harm”
From the explanation, it can be inferred that a dog owner is not liable if the animal doesn’t have any record of biting a person. However, there are some scenarios where the owner may be held liable for damages following an injury caused by their pet.
The instances include:
• The dog is dangerous
A dangerous dog is the one that constitutes a physical threat to humans and other animals, and must have behaved menacingly towards people at two different times in 18 months while unleashed. Please note that a dog that’s provoked or tormented by someone doesn’t fall in this category.Some breeds are more dangerous than others: pitbulls, rottweilers and German Shepherds for example
While it’s not illegal to own a dangerous dog in Las Vegas, owners must comply with both state and local laws. For example, the owner may need to obtain a permit and keep the dog secure on private property. They must also post warning signs to inform people about the dangerous nature of the dog.
• The dog is considered vicious
A vicious dog, according to Las Vegas law is one that has acted in a threatening and menacing manner toward people after being designated as dangerous. In addition, a canine is considered vicious if it has caused substantial bodily harm or death to a human being in the past.It’s illegal to keep vicious dogs in Las Vegas. The owner of a dog that’s considered vicious can be held liable for damages if the dog attacks someone.
• The dog owner is negligent
A lawsuit can be instituted against the dog owner if they’re found to be negligent in their handling of the pet. You may have grounds to sue the owner for compensation if they acted carelessly or failed to take reasonable precaution that another reasonable pet owner would have taken under similar circumstances. For example, negligence can be proven if the owner allowed their aggressive dog to play with small children without the presence of any adult.
If you or your child has been injured by a dog in Las Vegas, you may be eligible for an award. Our child injury dog bite lawyer is a trusted ally that you need to take on the at-fault person and ensure that you recover all damages related to your injuries. We provide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, free consultation service. We listen to your story and advise you about your rights, based on the circumstances that surround your case.
We understand that no two dog bite cases are exactly the same. Therefore, we will work closely with you to boost your chances of winning your case. You can rely on the expertise and experience of our team of dog attack attorneys to get you the justice that you deserve.
What Evidence Do You Have To Provide In Your Dog Bite Case?
Whether you’re negotiating for compensation with the responsible party or the case is being handled in court, you can expect a series of blame games from the lawyers for the dog owner. The liable party will try and do everything possible to minimize your compensation and avoid liability.. This is why you need to have relevant evidence to prove your claims.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, you might need to provide the following evidence to evaluate your case and determine its worth:
- You were a visitor inside a home or office where you were attacked by an unprovoked dog
- The owner was negligent by leaving the door or gate open, aiding the dog to attack
- The dog was unleashed or at large when the attack occurred
How Long Do You Have to File a Dog Bite Claim in Las Vegas?
According to Nevada law, a victim of dog bites has two years from the date of the injury to file a dog bite lawsuit for rewards against the at-fault party.
Your case will be forever barred if you do not file suit prior to the 2-year deadline. We advise that you contact our experienced dog bite attorneys immediately after the injury occurs. This allows us to begin investigation on your case immediately in order to preserve evidence and ensure that you get the medical care you need and the compensation you deserve.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Dog Bite Lawyer?
If you choose to work with us, you don’t have to pay any fee upfront. We won’t get paid until the compensation that you need and deserve is fully recovered.We don’t get paid unless we win. We’re ready to commit our resources and finances to your case. We will fight tooth and nail, holding the negligent owner and their insurance company liable on your behalf. We never take more money than you receive.
Why Do You Need An Experienced Dog Bite Personal Injury Lawyer For Your Case?
Severe injuries resulting from dog bites can negatively affect your life and livelihood. In some cases, the victims can suffer permanent disability which inadvertently puts them in disadvantaged economic situations. One way to reduce the economic impact of your injuries is to seek compensation from the at-fault person.
However, Las Vegas dog bite victims may have a hard time obtaining compensation compared to those in other states. This is because Nevada lacks a state-wide statute, making it difficult to prove liability. Many states’ dog bites are strict liability but not in Nevada. You will increase your chances of winning your case, when you work with an experienced Dog bite injury lawyer.
Our Las Vegas dog bite attorney has helped hundreds of clients to recover the highest compensation possible over the last three decades. We make time to listen to our clients, empathize with them and provide the best quality legal representation to ensure that they receive the highest compensation. And pay for their medical bills and lost wages.
For legal assistance on your dog bite case, you can contact our experienced personal injury lawyer online or call 702- DOGBITE (364-2483).
If you’ve been suffering from great dane bites, you need a dog bite lawyer in Las Vegas, contact our Attorneys at Dog Bite King Las Vegas. We can be reached at (702) 364-2483.
Have you or your loved one been attacked by a dog? Well, it might have affected you emotionally and financially too. There were 4.7 million dog bites in the US last year.At,the DogBite King Las Vegas Law Group, we have worked for many years assisting victims of dog...
Safety tips when approaching a dog Dogs have their own set of behaviors, instincts, and rules that are completely separate from our own. Despite this, we live in close contact with them, sometimes putting ourselves in situations we don't realize can be dangerous. Even...